*Sold* Garcia Exploration 45
€ 585 000
Garcia Exploration 45 is a sailing yacht specially designed for long and safe distance cruising in both Arctic latitudes and tropical waters.
She’s built for comfort, protection and to be a home with things as a generous shower cabin, washing machine and a well-equipped galley. Thanks to the layout there are a huge storage capacity for everything needed during long time cruising.
With the centreboard lifted for a shallow draft you can get into exotic beaches and your odds also increase to find a space in a crowded bay or a berth in a marina after a long day sailing.
The well renowned French boatyard Garcia Yachting started in 2013 a design work together with Berret Racoupeau Yacht Design to create a yacht for long distance cruising without any limit. They involved Jimmy Cornell in the design work in order to get all aspects of blue water sailing into this construction.
Based on this cooperation and Garcia Yachting’s long experience of building sailing yachts in aluminium the Garcia E45 became a yacht where practical and safety considerations have been given first priority.
Jimmy Cornell is one of the worlds most experienced long distance sailor. He has sailed around the world 3 times, to both Arctic and Antarctic waters, sailed all oceans of the world and among a numbers of rallies he also started the ARC (Atlantic Rally for Cruisers).
Jimmy Cornell also sailed the first Garcia E45 through the Northwest Passage to try out that the yacht fulfilled his requirements.
If you want to sail anywhere on the globe and stay aboard for long periods the Garcia E45 will get you there with comfort and safety.
Garcia E45 won in 2015 Cruising World Magazine title “Boat of the Year“ for “Best Full-Size Cruiser Under 50 feet”
Read more: https://www.cruisingworld.com/features/2015-boat-of-the-year-awards/
This yacht Garcia Exploration 45, S/Y Riri, was launched in August 2014. Her Swedish owner sailed the ARC in November 2018 and she is now in the Caribbean. She is all ready to go and all safety equipment are updated and checked to the high standard of ARC safety requirements (November 2018).
Due to personal reason S/Y Riri is now for sale. She will be shipped back to Europe and will arrive at XLNT Yachting in Henån on Orust in the end of June 2019.
- Hull, deck and coach roof structure in marine aluminium alloy.
- Cockpit, coamings and coach roof white painted. Deck, cockpit benches and floor covered with Marine Deck.
- Ballast integrated in the bottom of the hull, centreboard and twin rudders in NACA profile.
- Watertight bulkhead forward and aft.
- Deck salon with inside steering position and 270* visibility, with inturned windows forward (as a pilot boat) for best visibility at night and bad weather conditions.
- Coach roof protects forward part of the cockpit, where the completely watertight twin companionway door is located.
- Insulated hull, deck and cabin floor to keep accommodation in good temperature in both hot and cold sailing areas.
- All through hull fittings made of welded aluminium with all valves positioned above waterline.
- All heavy items as fuel and water tanks, battery pack and chain locker centrally located for best sailing performance in all sea conditions.
- Layout – Forward cabin with double berth and toilet. Deck salon with steering position at navigation table in the front part to stb. side and galley to port side. Toilet and shower aft of deck salon to stb. side. Aft cabin to port side with double berth. Aft cabin to stb. side as work shop cabin, large storage cabin or a single berth cabin.
Detailed specification will be presented soon. In the meantime please contact XLNT Yachting for further information and booking of viewing!